If you are looking for a watch that comes with loads of functions and features, this amazing Casio Men’s PRW-2500T-7CR Pro Trek Tough Solar is one you wouldn’t want to miss out. Featuring atomic timekeeping technology, tough solar technology and a digital compass, plus all the functions that an outdoor enthusiast would appreciate, there is seriously a lot to like about this watch.
On the outside, it is designed to resist damage and wear, and that includes a water resistance of up to 200 meters. It is a lightweight watch which is a good thing for those who do not like a heavy watch. It also contains a number of sensors such as the digital compass, altimeter, barometer, and temperature. With a 50mm resin case and a titanium band, this huge watch will take anything that you throw at it.
On the inside, it has a reasonably busy display – however they are quite clear in showing what they are supposed to show. They are more like a ” in-a-glance” display, without you having to cycle through mode screens. The actual time is displayed at the bottom of the screen, while also showing you the moon phase, tidal data, barometer graph and calendar at the same time.
On the other hand, this watch also comes with 5 daily alarms, and a fully automatic backlight so you won’t have to press a thing at night. Being lightweight and feature-rich, this is probably one of the best that Casio has ever produced. As of writing this post, there are 230 reviews on Amazon and has 4.6 out of 5 stars, so yes, it is a crowd favorite, and it certainly won’t disappoint you with its features and design.
- Tough Solar Power, Multi-Band Atomic Timekeeping, 200M Water Resistant, Duplex LC Display, Tide Graph (tide level for specific date and time), Moon Data (moon age of the specific date and moon phase graph)
- Digital Compass, Altimeter, Altimeter Memeory, Barometer, Thermometer
- Full Auto EL Backlight with Afterglow, 5 Independent Daily alarms, Hourly time signal, World Time, 1/100 second stopwatch
- Countdown Timer, Battery level indicator, Power saving function, Full auto-calendar (pre-programmed until the year 2099), 12/24 hour formats, Button operation tone on/off, Storage
- Battery: Solar rechargeable battery, Approx. battery life: 5 months on full charge (without further exposure to light), 23 months on full charge with Power Saving Function (without further exposure to light).
- Heaps of functions – especially suitable for outdoor and sports use.
- Atomic timekeeping technology
- Solar powered
- Good quality that is more resistant to wear and tear
- Bezel seems to get scratched quite easily.
See What Other Owners Are Saying About This Watch On Amazon
“At night, it has a function that automatically turns the back light when you look at the watch without having to push anything. The PRW2500T-7CR met all of my needs at a reasonable price.”
“Overall I like it , but there are a couple of things that need a redesign. I use this for backcounty camping, kayaking, etc. The button for the dial illumination needs to bigger. When it’s pitch dark and your half asleep, it’s a fumble to find the right button.”
|Brand, Seller, or Collection Name||Casio|
|Dial window material type||Mineral|
|Clasp||Fold Over Clasp With Hidden Double Push Button|
|Case material||Stainless steel|
|Case diameter||20.5 millimeters|
|Case Thickness||15 millimeters|
|Band width||20 millimeters|
|Calendar||Day, date, and month|
|Special features||Chronograph, Depth measurement, Light, Radio controlled, Timer|
|Item weight||4 Ounces|
|Water resistant depth||660 Feet|
This stunning Casio Men’s PRW-2500T-7CR Pro Trek has been designed to work effortlessly even in the harshest environment (low temperature resistant). With so many features on the watch, it can be considered as one the best watches for men under the $500 in the current market, especially when it has that rugged look and pretty much every functions that you will need.