Health and fitness gadgets have been the trendy thing recently, with a large number of companies trying to get involved in this hugely profitable industry. Since founded in 1936 by a Finnish inventor named Tuomas Vohlonen, Suunto has definitely designed some great products for the adventurous-minded, and this Suunto Ambit2 GPS Heart Rate Monitor has proven to be a popular one.
The Suunto Ambit2 GPS Heart Rate Monitor has been a favorite among the outdoor enthusiasts, because it has been built to high quality standard, and amazing software to support those hardware. It pretty much lets you track anything you want out of your indoor and outdoor training, and with its ability to grow with apps, the possibilities are endless. It will simply “adapt” to your requirements.
Below is a list of sports that would find the Suunto Ambit2 GPS Heart Rate Monitor useful:
Features of this watch would include the following (not all covered here due to it being a long list):
- Full-featured GPS, and navigation with GPS
- 3D compass
- GPS-corrected barometric altitude
- Weather conditions
- Heart-rate graph
- 100m water resistance
- Ability to install apps – possibilities are endless
If you find this gadget a bit on the expensive side (as of writing this, it’s selling for $351.76, you could have a look at its sibling, the Suunto Ambit2 S GPS Heart Rate Monitor. As it is slightly cheaper, you may expect it to have less features than the Ambit2, and just to name a few:
- The Ambit2 is 100m water resistant while the Ambit2S is 50m water resistant.
- The Ambit2 has a bigger battery, and hence, lasts longer than the Ambit2S between charges.
- Ambit2S lacks an inbuilt altimeter (GPS will be used for altitude instead), no barometric pressure or temperature.
You can see some of the images of the watch below:
- General Functions: – Time, date, alarm, dual time – Nine languages – GPS timekeeping – Positive/Negative display switch – User-adjustable backlight – Versatile button lock – Low battery indicator – Metric and imperial units
- ANT/ANT+ and HR compatable for even more Sports-Specific Functions
- Personalize with 1000+ free Sports Apps
- Robust design with long battery life
- Training Functions: – GPS-based speed and pace
- Fast-acquisition of GPS
- Does what its supposed to do, and does it very well
- Responsive screen
- Always up-to-date and could possibly grow with apps
- High quality product with decent look and design;
- Intuitive menu
- No bluetooth connection
- The watch could be huge for some people who don’t like big watches
- Could be a little inconvenient to import data
See What Other Owners Are Saying About This Watch On Amazon
“This watch is very versatile and very well built. I have used it DAILY for just over a year now. ”
“For skiing one of the pleasant surprises I found was that the watch also recorded and reported my speed down the slope. When skiing with friends and family, this is something EVERYONE wants to know: How fast were we going?”
“A nice – looking piece of men’s jewelry at a reasonable price. Not quite what you’d call elegant, but considering the overpricing of quartz dress watches in general, hard to do much better for the money. Accurate but not “precise”
|Brand, Seller, or Collection Name||Suunto|
|Dial window material type||Mineral|
|Case diameter||50 millimeters|
|Case Thickness||18 millimeters|
|Band length||Men’s Standard|
|Band width||1.25 inches|
|Special features||GPS, Chronograph, Heart rate monitor, Compass|
|Water resistant depth||100 Meters|
So, if you are looking for a reliable and capable gadget to monitor your training, there is no doubt there are a number of choices out there from other companies, however, the Ambit 2 or Ambit 2S will definitely prove themselves worthy.
Currently the Suunto Ambit2 GPS has earned a 4.5 out of 5 stars on Amazon as of writing this post. Obviously it’s doing something right to earn that kind of feedback from customers.